Sunday, January 22, 2012

Large Holstein Commission~

I was recently commissioned by a lady in Omaha about doing a large painting for her dining room~
When I first started selling my art, I would only sell what I had already painted. There was no pressure.....if someone liked it they would buy it, if they didn't they wouldn't~
Doing a commision can be a challenge, but it can also be wonderful. Trying to bring to life someone else's vision~ It can be tricky, I like to get lots of information...palette's and styles can vary. But ususally when someone finds an artist they do so because they like their particular style~
Amy wanted a large painting. After some debate we settled with a 24 x 30 inch canvas. She wanted a barn, some sunflowers, maybe a couple of cows out to pasture, and the main focus of the painting a black and white holstein.....a personality shot~!
I gave her several cow photos....and she settled on one with a kind of 'fish bowl ' effect~
I was worried that she wouldn't look right. But my job is to make her work. When I based her in, I knew, she would be great~
I have been working on her all week~ Here is a progress collage~   


No comments:

Post a Comment