Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Limousin painting...Momma's Boy

The large commission turned out wonderful. I can't wait for her new owner to get her, they are always much nicer in person. The custom Christmas stocking is also done. Yes, I know, we just got Christmas over with, but people are still ordering custom stockings....and truthfully it's better to get them ordered now.
So with my work all done it was time to play. I have spent days following Butterscotch and her calf around, hoping top get a good mother /son shot. I probably took hundreds of photos...not one was what I was looking for. Then I came across this great photo on a photo website. A special thanks to Morgan who allowed me to paint his fabulous composition of a cow and her calf....it was exactly what I had been attempting to capture~!
  It is a Limousin cow and her calf. Limosuins are such pretty cows....okay, well I think they all are, but Limo's have a softness about them. Prints of this and other paintings are available on the fine Art America site~
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/laura-carey.html

No comments:

Post a Comment