Saturday, October 15, 2011

Taffy
Step
by Step~
For my 40th birthday I got two Brown Swiss babies~ Jose and Birki. In a herd of Holsteins they do stick out. They are gentle and loving girls. I waited for the day when they would calve, and when that day came, it was a surprise. Birki had twin bulls.....and Jose, she has a Swiss-tein, half Brown Swiss, half Holstein....opps. The next two years I anxiously awaited, and three more Swiss-teins and another bull. While I love Tattiana, Taloula, Timid and Tulip, my Swiss-teins, I couldn't`t wait to get a purebred Swiss. When Birki was overdue six days this years, I just knew it would be a bull. But to every ones shock, I finally got my Brown Swiss....Taffy. 22 years ago I had a beautiful Holstein cow Taffy. She was one of my all time favorites, a huge cow, that left a huge hole when she died. I saved the name for the day when someone special arrived. 
Recently someone came in and commented about the painting process. I don`t use an easel, I paint on my lap. Allot of the time I will save the eyes till last, waiting for the personality to suddenly appear, it`s fun.And in this step by step you can see that|

No comments:

Post a Comment