Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bertha Beltie

When I was first married my husband and I were taking a drive when we came across cows I had never seen. Loving cows, I was delighted and intrigued by the black cows that looked like someone had painted their middle section white. People call them the Oreo, or Panda cows. I asked my husband what they were (and I thought) he said 'Dutch Bells'......I thought how cute is that Dutch Bells. I called them that for years....until one day I was straightened out, and I was a bit embrassed. They are 'Dutch Belts'......get it belts, arout their tummies~lol   I still call them Dutch Bell, somehow it seems romantic. I hope to maybe have one someday. ~
I thought the breed needed explaining, because both of my kids who are now adults asked what happened to her sides when I showed them the newest painting 'Bertha Beltie ' ......guess they haven't come across a field of the Oreo cows yet~! lol    

No comments:

Post a Comment